What is a WiFi? WiFi is a popular networking system that allows devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets, etc to connect to the internet wirelessly. Today, most people know how to use the WiFi. As long as you are in an area covered with WiFi you’ll able to get on the internet easily. Most establishments now have WiFi access and one good reason for that is to attract customers. But, let us go deep in learning about WiFi.
WiFi connection built using a wireless adapter to create hotspot areas in the area of a wireless router that is connected to the network to give internet access. The main advantage of a WiFi is that you can connect to the internet even without using an Ethernet cable or wired connection. Unlike before, in order for your computer to get internet connections you have to wire-connect it from the router.
What are the common causes of WiFi interference?
- Poor WiFi signal – this can happen if there are too many devices that connected to the WiFi system it become congested.
- Physical barriers – things like walls, concrete, metals can cause WiFi interference as it is somehow blocking the signal from the WiFi system.
- Coverage – for home networking the approximate distance that you can connect to the WiFi is about 150ft when you’re inside and about 300ft outdoor. For businesses, they are adding AP or Access Point to spread out the wireless connection.
Because of the interference or loss of WiFi connection, there are a few easy steps that you may do to troubleshoot your WiFi. These are follows:
- Check the signal light of the WiFi in your router whether it is green or red.
- Reboot the network.
- Unplug the modem/router – wait for about 60 seconds before plugging it back.
- Unplug the cables in the modem – check if there are no cut wires or sign of physical damage.
- Connect your laptop or desktop computer to the router/modem using the Ethernet cable – This will allow you to determine if the problem is the actual device or not.
When you have determined the WiFi issue and unable to fix it using the above troubleshooting steps, better to call an I.T. expert to fully diagnose the problem and give an accurate and best solution to the issue. Sometimes, troubleshooting it yourself without proper handling can cause a lot worse issue and damages.
Jackson Technologies is well-known in handling I.T. concern whether it is a hardware or software issues. Our team carefully diagnoses and traces the root cause before repairing it to make sure that we are applying the correct and proper solution. Our team is also well equipped with knowledge and up to date with the latest in the I.T. world. With Jackson Technologies, you will never go wrong.
How to reach us?
For free consultation and/or service quotation, call us at (412) 853-3708 or send us an email: info@JCCHelp.com and one of our I.T. professional will gladly to help.