I am sure most internet users know what web browser or “browser” means. But today, we’ll give you everything you need to know about the web browser.
A web browser or simply “browser” is a downloadable software application used in order to locate and access the World Wide Web. The main function of a browser is to provide HTML, the code used to design web pages.
And, at this very moment, while you are reading this, you have accessed this through your web browser.
There are many types of browsers that you can use. There are some that are not compatible with your computer or you are not comfortable using a certain browser. There are also a few instances that a certain browser creates conflict to the web page you wish to open.
Therefore, you need to know the different web browser so you will have an option which browser is best to use in any situation.
3 Common Web Browsers:
1. Google Chrome – this web browser was first introduced in 2008 for Windows OS. It is developed by Google and it is now the most used web browser.
2. Mozilla Firefox – comes in second place. This web browser came from Mozilla and was introduced in 2004.
3. Safari – this web browser was developed by Apple Inc and was introduced to the public in 2003. This browser has been included in Mac OS X.
Other types of Web Browsers:
1. Internet Explorer – This browser started in 1995 and developed by Microsoft. It was released along with the Windows 95.
2. Opera – Opera is a web browser compatible to Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Linux operating systems. It was developed by Opera Software. It has a built-in ad blocker, free VPN, units’ converter and many more.
3. Microsoft Edge – From the name itself, this was developed by Microsoft and was released for Windows 10 and Xbox One in 2015, followed by iOS and Android operating systems in 2017.
4. Konqueror – This browser was developed by KDE Software Compilation. It was initially released was back in 1996 and it can run on most Unix-like and Windows operating systems.
5. Avant Browser – This browser was introduced in 2004. It is a freeware web browser and it is said that this browser is more ergonomic compared to the Internet Explorer.
There are too many web browsers out there that you can use. We just named a couple of them. Most web browsers can be downloaded for free. To find the right browser for you and to know what suits your computer, especially your Operating System, first search and read the information before downloading and start using.
For a consultation, quotes, and/or service inquiries, feel free to contact Jackson Technologies. Our professionals will be glad to assist you from planning to executing your concern.
We can be reached at 412-853-3708 or shoot us an email at info@JCCHelp.com.