Help desk support is the team to go whenever we are experiencing technical problems, whether it’s hardware or software issues. I, myself, worked as a technical support representative and I have received almost the same issues every day. There are issues that can easily resolve over the phone but there are also issues that are extremely hard to deal with over the phone. Today, we will share with you the most common reasons why people called the Help desk.
My account got disabled/locked out. I forgot my password. This is very common, especially after long weekends and holidays. People tend to forget their password as they are overwhelmed or pre-occupied with life outside of the office.
- Have your browser remember your password so the next time you log in, you won’t need to type in your password.
- Create a password that is complex but easy to remember.
- Download a password manager like LastPass where you can store your passwords.
My computer suddenly shut down. This could be due to overheating, dead battery, or malicious files or apps that have been downloaded on your computer.
- For overheat issue – check the air vent of your computer. There should be no dust build-up. Use a cooling pad for laptop computers.
- Dead batteries – due to too much work, you might have not to notice that your computer’s battery is running low causing the shutdown. When working in a long period of time, check your computer’s battery status regularly.
- For malicious apps or files – this is one main reason why your computer is shutting down by itself. They are harmful to your computer and it may lead to permanent damage to your computer. Uninstall these kinds of files and be very mindful of what you are downloading on your computer.
My printer is not working. Is your printer turned on? Do you see a signal light indicating the printer is working or not? These are the common questions help desk support is asking from the caller. This could be an easy call but could also be a hard one most especially if it includes a cabling problem.
- Make sure that your printer is plugged in. We assume that it was always plugged in and turned on.
- Check for any sign of physical damage.
- Reboot your computer
My Internet is too slow. You’re watching your favorite music video or chatting with your friends and suddenly it takes forever for the website to load? The first thing that came into your mind is to call the Help desk and complain about your slow internet connection.
- Make sure that you have your operating system is currently updated.
- Your antivirus software is working perfectly.
- Verify if it’s the internet that is slow or your computer. Try your internet connection using different devices.
These are just some of the most common questions that the Help desk receives. Though Help desk support would think this is quite basic, they have to remember not all people are technically inclined. There are still people who are just a “user” which means they are just using computers, the internet, and other technology without any troubleshooting background. Wherein, they can’t figure out the problem by themselves as they do not have the skills to do so. That’s the main reason why there’s an I.T. expert that we can call whenever we have technical concerns. Help desk support people should always keep in mind that they are in that position because they were trained and technically skilled.
Partnering with Jackson Technologies will reduce the stress in calling Help desk as we provide Managed I.T. Services.
Jackson Technologies offers several different levels of managed services. We provide three service levels for each type of business system, so our I.T. professionals can easily customize a suite of services that will provide you with peace of mind and the space you need to drive new business growth.
Wants to find out more details about our service? Reach us through (412) 853-3708 / info@JCCHelp.com and get your free quote now!