Before laptop computers came on the market, we used desktop computers. Even though desktops are still in use today, many people are choosing a laptop over a desktop. Why? In today’s article, we will give you more information about advantages, specifications, and tips on buying a laptop computer.
Advantages of Laptop:
PORTABILITY. Due to its size and weight laptop computers are very easy to carry. This allows the user to carry it anywhere. This is an advantage to individuals who do field work. They can use their computers in the field and perform their task more efficiently.
SPACE SAVER. Since a laptop size is between 11-18 inches, it saves space on your desk. You can even place it on your lap and use it.
SINGLE DEVICE. All components such as the battery, hard drive, graphics card, motherboard, and etc were created smaller than the usual to fit in a laptop computer.
Disadvantages of Laptop:
- Smaller RAM
- Quite hard to replace damaged parts
- Prone to an overheating problem
- Hard to repair or expensive repair service
- Easier to damage
- Cost more to get a high specs laptop
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS OF A GOOD LAPTOP:
- CPU – from Core i3 – Core i7
- RAM – a minimum of 8gb
- Storage – 256gb SSD or more
- Screen resolution – 1920 x 1080 would be the least to consider
- Windows version – install whatever is the latest version
- Laptop size – you can choose from 11 inches to 18 inches. Best bet would be 14 or 15 inches.
TIPS ON CHOOSING A LAPTOP:
- Look for a high-resolution screen
- Intel 7 Generation Core series
- Good camera resolution
- Newer WiFi support
- Nvidia Pascal Graphics (for gaming purposes)
- High SSD
- USB Type-C ports
By providing you with enough details about laptop computers, it is now up to you to determine what laptop to buy or if it suits your computer needs. Laptop computers are quite sensitive and need extra care. If you know how to take care of your laptop computer you can’t go wrong.
Laptop computers can last for about 10 years. Giving constant upgrades, regular cleanings, and keeping it up-to-date, you’ll be able to maximize its life span.
Should you ever need computer assistance – whether to repair damage computer (hardware/software), to migrate data, update the Operating System, installation of programs/app, Jackson Technologies is always here to help.
Talk to our professionals now and get a free service quotation. Call or Email US at (412) 853-3708 / info@JCCHelp.com.
“WE do I.T. so you don’t have to”