So, you have a deadline and you’re working overtime on your computer to finish everything you need and in the middle of it, suddenly… whoops! You have encountered a computer problem and you can’t do anything at the moment.
This is a common scenario for computer users. For those who have a technical background may be a bit relaxed after encountering an error or problem with their computer, but for many, they might have freaked out upon getting an error message.
Today, we’ll share with you the TOP 5 most common computer errors or problems that you might have encountered or will be encountering along with an easy How-to-do-it solution.
1. Blue Screen of Death
For some, blue might be their favorite color but this is the color that you don’t like to see on your computer. Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) is a type of system error. This error will flash on your screen and you won’t be able to do anything when this happens. This is a system failure or a system crashed. The cause of this error is when your operating system is no longer operating properly.
- Select Troubleshoot on the Choose an option screen.
- Choose Advanced options.
- Click on Start Settings.
- Click the Restart button.
- After your computer reboots, press F4 or the 4 key to select Enable Safe Mode.
2. Slow internet connection
There is a couple of reason why you’re having an intermittent internet connection. It could be a problem with your Internet Service Provider (ISP), or there is something wrong with your server, or could also be your computer itself.
- Check with ISP first if there’s no outage or issue on their end for you to get a slow internet speeds.
- Make sure that DNS server is properly connected.
- Check if the cables or wires on your modem are attached and has no physical damage.
- Verify if your Operating System (OS) is currently updated.
3. Missing DLL Files (Dynamic Link Library)
You will get this type of computer error if your DLL file is either missing or corrupt. DDL is a type of file that contains instructions that your computer programs can call upon to do perform their task. If DLL file is missing, corrupted or not found simply use the troubleshooting steps below.
- Restart your computer.
- Restore the deleted DLL file from your computer’s Recycle Bin.
- Recover the deleted DLL file using the free file recovery program.
- Run a virus and/or malware scan.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
- Reinstall the program.
- Update your computer drivers.
- Run the SFC/scannow command
- Double check that all Windows updates are completed.
- Perform a repair installation of Windows.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
4. Malware issue
If you received an unusual error message it could be a malware issue. Malware is a type of software that can damage, harm, disrupt or gain unauthorized access to your computer system. You can get this from downloading a malicious website or apps. If you have suspected that your computer got infected by malware. Follow the steps below.
- Enter Safe Mode
- Delete temporary files
- Download malware scanners
- Run a scan with Malwarebytes
- Fix your web browser
- Recover files if your Windows is corrupt.
- Keep your computer clean and avoid downloading unwanted programs or apps.
5. Faulty Hard Drive
The hard drive is where we store everything that we have on our computer. From the operating system, programs, apps to media files such as photos, music, and videos. Once your hard drive stops working, it can lead to really serious problems. Though hard drives can be replaced easily, everything that you have stored in your hard drive can be lost forever or maybe corrupted.
The only tip you should take in this kind of issue is to always have back up storage. You can use an external hard drive such as USB’s to store your data.
Though we have provided you the most common computer issues and basic troubleshooting steps and tips, sometimes it is really hard to do it on your own. If you feel like fixing the computer errors by yourself but doesn’t have enough knowledge to do so, it better to ask for an I.T. professionals help because fixing it yourself might lead to a much serious problem. They are the ones who are skilled and experience when it comes to computer repair. It is always recommended to diagnose the issue first before applying a solution.
Jackson Technologies has been in the I.T. business since 2005. We provide secure, reliable, and proactive I.T. support to hundreds of businesses in Pittsburgh and nearby town. With Jackson Technologies, your business is in good hands.
For quotes and queries, feel free to contact us through 412-853-3708 or simply send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll respond to your needs as quickly as possible.