Okay, so you got a new computer. Yay! So, you’re overwhelmed and excited to use your new computer. But wait!!! Before you can actually use your computer, there are things that you need to remember. Things that are best to do when setting up your new computer.
Today, we will share with you some tips that are truly helpful when you’re setting up your computer.
- Verify if the Operating System. Most of the time, Operating System was installed on your computer upon purchased. You can either check immediately at the store if it is updated or you can check it at home. What important is, your OS should be updated so you can maximize the features of your computer.
- Install an anti-virus or anti-malware software. Make sure that before using your computer, it has anti-virus software for your computers’ protection. There’s a lot of free anti-virus that you can download online such as Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes, and so on.
- Skim through the pre–installed files/software. Check for the software that’s pre-installed and delete them if you think that you won’t need them. This way you can save storage as well as improve performance.
- Sign up for an online backup service. This is a type of service that managed and saves your files, apps and/or software remotely and it even recovers computer files. Some online backup services are Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud, Carbonite, and so on.
- Set up a password. This is an optional step but it is quite important to prevent unauthorized access to your computer and protect your data.
Listed above are just the basic and most important things that you should remember when you’re about to set your computer.
Tips on how to keep your computer in good condition:
- Refrain from installing any malicious apps or files on your computer that may cause internal damage.
- Computers have an average life span of 5 or 6 years, it always depends on how you’re using it and how to take care of it physically and internally.
- Always have your operating system updated whenever available.
- Delete files or software that is not in use to free up space and not to cause the computer to slow down.
Hope the tips and guidelines that we have provided you have answered your question in setting up your new computer.
For computer repair and other I.T. related issues, Jackson Technologies is the right team to call. We provide all-around I.T. solutions in Pittsburgh and nearby city. With Jackson Technologies, you will get the most reliable I.T. service.
See it for yourself. Contact us NOW and get your free quote! We can be reached at (412) 853-3708 / [email protected].