Dealing with a computer that is infected by a virus is like a nightmare most especially to users who are not so very technical. A virus can be found anywhere, your computer can get it from malicious programs or apps that have been downloaded, from email attachments, and/or from links that are not reliable and credible.
Viruses are not all the same. Some viruses can be easily removed but some viruses are so strong that can break your computer system.
Here are some of the signs of a virus-infected computer:
- Corrupted files.
- Slow computer or poor performance.
- Computer shuts down by itself.
- Programs or apps are not opening.
- Getting lots of unexpected pop-up messages.
Today, we’ll give you easy troubleshooting steps to help you get rid of the virus that infected your computer.
1. Enter Safe Mode
- Turn off and on your computer.
- Press the F8 button repeatedly until you get the Advanced Boot Options menu window.
- Choose Safe with Networking
- Press Enter (Keep your computer disconnected from the internet)
2. Delete Temporary Files. Use the Disk Cleanup Tool at Safe Mode to delete temporary files.
- Click the Start Menu.
- Select All Programs.
- Choose Accessories.
- Go to System Tools.
- Click Disk Cleanup.
- Locate the Files to Delete List.
- Choose Temporary Files.
3. Download and run a virus scan.
There are different kinds of anti-virus software that you can choose from and most of them are for free. Choose the anti-virus that suits your computer needs. We recommend you to choose the one that has a real-time scan feature.
If the steps that we have provided you above didn’t work, contact an I.T. expert to help you out. As we mentioned, viruses vary. Some viruses can be easily removed but some need technical expertise to have it removed.
For cases like this, allow our team to help you repair the damage. We have a handful of tools to use in resolving virus issues.
Talk to our Professionals by calling us at (412) 853-3708 or shoot us an email at [email protected].
“We do I.T. so you don’t have to”