Malware is a computer term that we often hear when we are referring to the computer. Malware is everywhere. Why? Because malware is a software that causes harm to your computer. Malware is a general term for computer viruses, Trojan, Adware, Spyware, and Worms.
Malware’s effect can be a simple corrupted file, data-stealing or in the worst case completely damaging your entire computer system. We should not take malware for granted because it can disguise as a simple malvertisement or pop-up.
The question now is, what are the possible effects of malware infection? Here it goes…
- Hardware failure
- Data loss
- Stolen data
- Corrupted file
- Operating system malfunction
- Slow computer
- System shutdown
- Increase in communication/network traffic
- Computer freezing/crashing
- Interruption in business operations
Here are some of the precautionary measures to avoid malware attack:
- Update your software whenever it is available
- Use complex and strong passwords
- Regularly scan your computer using your antivirus software
- Keep your operating system up-to-date
- Only download your apps or software from reputable and legitimate websites
- Do not open suspicious emails
- Avoid clicking unfamiliar links
- Enable your pop-up blocker
- Install a firewall
- Back up your data using external hardware
- Think before you click
Always keep in mind that being a responsible computer user will save you from getting attacked. Never underestimate the effect of a virus whether it is a simple and basic virus. A virus is a virus and can always do harm to your computer. Whenever in doubt, ask for an IT Professional’s advice.
For virus protection inquiries, please call us at (412) 853-3708 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll be glad to set up a meeting to discuss further details and analysis.
Jackson Technologies – “Your total outsourced I.T solution”
“We DO I.T. so you don’t have to”