Identity theft is a great fear for many people. With today’s advanced technology, your private information and financial details being invaded by hackers and other Internet intruders causes a great concern. It is crucial to protect your information online to the best of your ability.
What is Identify Theft?
Identity theft is a fraudulent act to get or use someone’s private or personal information such as name, social security number, bank details, etc. Most identity theft happens in online purchases, misuse of social media sites, and the use of untrusted websites.
Most common types of Identity Theft:
- Financial Identity Theft
- Social Security Identity Theft
- Driver’s License Identity Theft
- Criminal Identity Theft
- Insurance Identity Theft
- Medical Identity Theft
- Child Identity Theft
Tips to prevent Identity theft:
1. Install security measures on your devices such as anti-virus software, firewall, etc.
2. Regularly run an anti-virus scan on your computer.
3. Do not save your personal/private and financial information on your devices without having a password or authentication code.
4. Always update your operating system, software, and apps whenever it is available. This will give you additional online security.
5. Be aware and of the sites you use to shop online, make sure they are safe and secure before entering payment information.
6. Do not use non secured websites especially when you have to do a financial transaction.
7. Do not give out your private/personal information to “just” anyone. Verify they are legitimate before disclosing any information.
8. Do not do any financial transaction using unsecured public WiFi.
9. Do not post your personal information through social media sites.
10. Think before you click.
Identity theft can be prevented by just being cautious and aware of what you are sharing and doing online. Keep in mind that internet intruders have many ways to fool people and we should always be one step ahead from them. Always secure your personal/private information.
For any inquiries and/or I.T. assistance, talk to our Professionals now and experience the best I.T. service in town. Call us at (412) 853-3708 or send us an email at [email protected].
“We do I.T. so you don’t have to”