One of the main reasons for computer failure is due to a virus attack. As we need the computer on a daily basis, viruses are also growing, expanding, and more harmful now. It is important that we have antivirus software that can protect and secured not only our stored data or files also the computer itself. There are some instances that after a virus attack, their computer can no longer be used. Damages can be from simple to massive. Sometimes, it could do personal damage too.
Antivirus software gives protection not only limited to block viruses, but it can also protect you from spyware, malware, Trojans, cyber threats, phishing, and spam attacks.
In our previous article, we have listed the most common viruses, where they came from, and what their targets are. Today, we will share to you a list of different antivirus software that you can install on your computer to protect them from virus attack. Most of this software is for free but of course, there are upgrades available as well to enhanced its capabilities.
SO, here we go:
- Avast – this software is the most common and in-demand for personal users. Avast is user-friendly software. It can recover malware-damaged files through its Virus Recovery Database. This software is available in Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
- AVG – this software is getting better as it now includes real-time security updates, scans for malware and performance issues and catches malicious downloads just before they are completely installed in your computer. It is available in Windows, macOS, and Android.
- Bitdefender – this software destroys malware attack. It is said that this software is one of the best because of its high protection rate and security-enhancing features. Aside from malware, it can also protect your computer from phishing and anti-fraud activities. It is available in Windows and macOS.
- Avira – is an award-winning mobile security and PC protection. It has next-gen security against ransomware, malware and other threats. It is fast and easy to use. It is available in Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- eScan Antivirus – this software can protect your computer from harmful viruses. This software need not be installed, therefore, there’s no real time scan and security check. It is available on Windows.
- Lavasoft Ad–Aware – this anti-virus and anti-spyware program is designed to fight against malware, spyware, and adware. You may easily download it from a reputable website or on their actual website. It is available on Windows and macOS.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware – this is one of the best antivirus software specializes in malware, ransomware, and adware. It is available on Windows and macOS.
We love our computer and we don’t want anything that can harm or damage it. It is always a best practice to scan every program or apps that you want to download on your computer. Antivirus is there to help us protect our computer from any viruses, hackers, and/or scams but we must and always remember that we need to be very careful in opening websites, links or programs you are not familiar with. Better search for it first and check on the reviews or feedback before thinking of downloading it. As the saying goes “It is better to be safe than sorry”.
For antivirus software protection program, Jackson Technologies has the best program and plan for you. We have the most updated programs when it comes to computer protection.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE NOW! Talk to our I.T. professionals for better assistance. You may reach us (412) 853-3708 or info@JCCHelp.com.