Internet is very in-demand and so online games, especially to young people. They are spending too much time doing this and to the point that it becomes an addiction to others. But, why do the Internet and online games can be so addictive? We’ll share to you some facts from various studies why these things can be very addictive and how can someone control it.
The Internet can be addictive in so many ways… There’s social media, online shopping, and more apps that you’ll find interesting. You can chat with anyone using Messaging apps and/calling apps. To those who hate traffic, long lines in the counter area, and crowded places – there’s a lot of online shops that they can go on shopping in the comfort of their homes.
Online games, this is very popular with young people nowadays. And I saw it myself that even a 9 yr old kid can do this online games by himself. Some online games even had a world tournament, and to name a few are Counter-Strike, DOTA, and Minecraft.
Here are the top 10 most popular online games:
1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
4. League of Legends
5. Apex Legends
6. Fornite Battle Royale
7. PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds
9. The Division 2
10. Splatoon 2
So, why online games can be so addictive? Simple… There are 3 main reasons:
1. The feeling of winning, gaining power, completing missions, and being on top of everyone.
2. The will to win, to bounce back, and to boost self morale after the loss.
3. The way these online games are so interactive that players can chat, talk, and meet other people even to different places around the world.
But, how can you overcome this addiction? Below are some tips that you can use:
1. Play in moderation – Try to limit yourself in playing online games or using the Internet. If you are spending 8 hours a day, gradually reduce to 7 hours, then 6 hours, and so forth. The focus here is slowly you are reducing the time you are spending to this said addiction. As many have said, “Do not stop cold turkey.”
2. Lessen or eliminate the number of systems you have – Eliminate games that you are not playing often. Try to choose the one you really want. In this way, you are getting rid of other games but not missing them since you are the one you are going to play with. And eventually, once you get bored of doing the same thing over and over again, you’ll think of stopping it too.
3. Do not play in long hours – Let us say you are spending 8 hours playing online games or using the Internet/social media, try to take a break for like every hour or two. We all know that facing the computer in a long period of hours is very unhealthy.
4. Do outdoor socialization – Be with your family. Engage in social activities in your community. Find other things to do like new hobbies or sports.
5. Ask for medical assistance – Asking for medical assistance or advice is not bad. You are seeking for professional help because they are the ones you can really do an evaluation of what is going on with your life. They can provide more accurate solutions as they determined your situation.
Internet and online games are both very interesting and can give you “happiness, joy, and freedom. But always remember, “do everything in moderation.”
We hope that our team – Jackson Technologies’ provides you some facts and information towards this social situation that many of us are getting addictive with. Check out our blogs for more articles in computer and other I.T. concerns.
For questions and inquiries, feel free to call us at (412) 853-3708 or send us an email to info@JCCHelp.com.
“We do I.T. so you don’t have to”